Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A few other things...

That last post was so long, but i though i would say a little something about my house in mamfe. there are 4 new houses being built, and mine is sort of a duplex. there are 3 bedrooms, living rooM, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and im pretty sure i have both running water AND electricity! a lot of volunteers do not have that. i saw my house in progress while i was in mamfe, but i have since learned that it will not be completed in time for me to move in. that means, for a few months i will be living with another volunteer. supposedly i will have a fancy wood floor in my living room (most houses have cement). i will try to post pics once my house is completed.

also, i just finished my second day teaching here in model school. the first day went surprisingly well. i thought the kids would be bad (they were for their first teacher), but it was ok. i had 2 chemistry classes, then another 2 today. some of the kids love to give answers, but a lot of kids dont speak very much. im trying to draw out the girls, bc they never say anything. these classes are to prepare us for teaching at our sites, but my site will be very different. right now i have 14 kids in one class and 18 in the other. at site i will have about 70 per class. tomorrow i teach an it class, which is not that helpful for me, as my school does not have any computers.

its been cold and rainy here for the last few days, so i hope you are all enjoying the warm weather and sunshine at home!

No comments: